· 2 cups buttermilk baking mix (small box equals 2 cups, Bisquick or Jiffy Mix )
· 2/3 cup milk
· 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
· 1/4 cup butter
· 1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley
· 2 packets of J&D’s Country Style Bacon Gravy mix
· Preheat oven to 450*.
· Combine mix, milk and cheese with a wooden spoon until soft dough forms.
· Beat vigorously 30 seconds.
· Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
· Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
· While the biscuits are cooking, prepare the Bacon Gravy according to package directions.
· Combine butter, dried parsley and garlic powder; brush over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet.
· Serve warm. The Bacon Gravy can be smothered on top or served on the side. Makes 10 large biscuits.