Bacon Salt adds a TON of bacon flavor to this tasty holiday treat. You can skip the bacon if you like, you'll just need to add another 1.5 Tbsp of Bacon Salt.
12 ounces good-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 strips of bacon, fried until crispy (but not burned! - optional)
3 Tbsp Bacon Salt (any flavor - we love (in order) Hickory, Applewood, or Original)
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and set aside for now.
2. Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in one-minute increments until melted, stirring after every minute to prevent overheating.
3. While the chocolate is melting, chop the bacon strips into small bits. Set aside approximately one-third of the bacon and Bacon Salt to be used to top the bark.
4. Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, stir in the remaining two-thirds of the chopped bacon, the Bacon Salt and stir until it's all well-incorporated.
5. Pour the chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet, and with an offset spatula or a knife, spread it into a thin layer about 1/4” high. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the top evenly with the reserved chopped bacon and press down gently to adhere it to the surface.
6. Refrigerate the bacon bark to set the chocolate, about 30 minutes. Once set, break it into small uneven pieces by hand, and serve immediately. Chocolate Bacon Bark can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.